Monday

Mastering the Marquess by Vanessa Kelly

Vanessa Kelly http://vanessakellyauthor.com/
Just once I would like for the heroine to say to the snaky, soon to be mother-in-law, who is telling her that she will never fit “Sc—you, I’m marrying your son and nothing you can say will stop me and furthermore, why don’t you move to the dower house?”

That doesn’t happen in Mastering the Marquess by Vanessa Kelly. I wish it had because Meredith Burnley did the “I’m not worthy” way way too long. I liked the first part of this book, but the middle was filled with this party and that party and that tea and this opera…blah blah blah.

Come and think of it Meredith wasn’t worthy of the hero Stephen, Marquess of Silverton.

This was a debut book, I always try to find at least one new author a month and in this case it was pleasant enough, but it wasn’t one of those debut books that grab you. I probably will buy her next book, but if it doesn’t improve over this one, it will probably be my last.
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Warm

No comments: