Thursday

DNF's

Or the Did Not Finish books. Contrary to what you may think from my sometimes flippant tone and sarcastic remarks, I do not enjoy giving a book a DNF label. I know that most authors have put a lot of work into their pages. So for me to not finish that book is somewhat of a disservice to an author. Especially, if I am going to comment about it. However, I invest a lot of my hard-earned money every year buying romance books. So, when I purchase a possible DNF I do become somewhat irate. After all, that money could have been spent buying M&M's, Tootsie Rolls or HoHo's. (That's chocolate covered sweet stuff for those of you not in the U.S.)

It is a sad thing when authors lose sight of their original dream. Oh sure , part of the dream was to make a living off of their work, maybe become famous, but I also believe that most of all they wanted to put magic on paper. And, for some of them, along the way they forgot the magic part. And that's how I feel about DNF's. I'm done with my rant now.

No comments: