Tuesday

Lessons from a Scarlet Lady by Emma Wildes

http://www.emmawildes.com/whatsnext.shtml

This book puts the E in Erotica, however, not the kind where you need to take a shower afterward! No ick factor!

Emma Wildes has done a ton of e-books and for some reason I always feel they are not as good as the writers that have been published in print. I'm not sure why that is, I haven't read any e-books, so I guess I just discriminate against e-book writers for no particular reason. In this case, I seem to be wrong. Lessons from a Scarlet Lady is well-written and has some very interesting characters in it.

Even though the blurb on the back talks about Brianna Northfield and her husband, there are really two stories in this book. We have the story of Brianna and her husband Colton. And, then there is the story of her best friend Rebecca and Colton's brother, Robert. Both stories are very good, and let me tell you the love scenes are hot!

You see Brianna is a newlywed, she loves her husband and the sex is ok, however, he's kind of a cold fish and she wants more. So, what does she do? She buys a racy book written by a former courtesan on all the ways you can hold your man! How to explicitly hold your man, if you get my drift. Colton's confused reaction to his wife's seduction was very entertaining. Of course, there was the eventual misunderstanding, but that was over quickly.

The other story is about Brianna's friend Rebecca, who has had a crush on rakish Robert for years. However, the stumbling block here is her father. To say he doesn't like Robert would be an understatement. So, we have that obstacle to watch.

I loved the brothers relationship, especially when they were trying to express their feeling about themselves and their women. Even though the plots been done before (both of them) they worked in this book and I found this a very pleasant read.

There were only a couple of things that bothered me, first of all the name Colton. Hated it. Threw me out of the story a number of times. Colton in my mind is either contemporary or saying Yipee-Ki-Yay little doggies. The other thing was even though I enjoyed both stories, I occasionally felt they invaded each others space. I'd be really interested in what was going on with Brianna and then Rebecca's story would be there. And vice-versa.

However, those are minor quibbles. I found this book to be very entertaining well-worth reading.

Time Place: Regency England
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Hot! Hot! Hot!

No comments: