Friday

The Notorious Bridegroom by Kit Donner

http://www.kitdonner.com/
What a bummer! I made it to chapter 5 before I realized I just could not read anymore.

I know how hard it is to write, so I'm always eager to give a new author a chance. This book didn't work for me, not because of the plot, which was standard fair and in the hands of an experienced writer would have been just find. The heroine had the beginnings of the dreaded Too Stupid To Live syndrome and the hero was boring, even though he was a SPY. The problem was the writing, it wasn't smooth, it had so many adjectives that is was obvious she had a Thesaurus at her fingertips. And while I am a big fan of historical accuracy and getting into the feel of the time period, this book was filled with too many mundane everyday chores presented in a boring choppy voice. This was Beginning Writing 101 and should have been sent back for major rewrites. Cannot recommend this one. Sorry, Ms. Donner.

Time period: Regency England
Rating:
Sensuality: Had the makings of Hot

No comments: