Thursday

The Devil in My Bed by Celeste Bradley

http://www.celestebradley.com/
Lady Melody is panicking before her wedding. To calm her down, a family friend tells her the story of her parents' romance. But who exactly are they? We flashback to a foundling being left on the steps of a gentlemen club, where we will be entertained by three men in future books. (Sounds like a movie, ummmh.)

So begins the first in the trilogy of Runaway Brides, The Devil in my Bed by Celeste Bradley. I was really prepared to like this book, it had a promising beginning. But the more I read, the less I liked the hero Aidan. He was just too unforgiving. In fact, I didn't like the heroine either, she keep her secret for far too long.

I liked the character Melody, however, pet peeve: she's three not five. Don't have her doing five year old things and talking like a five year old. There were some funny moments in this book, like when the two bachelors were trying to deal with a three year old girl. I really had a hard time plowing through this one and wonder why other reviews I've read called this a rollicking romance. Am I missing something here? Maybe, it's because I just read a truly funny book not too long ago. And here is the difference between Celeste Bradley and Julia Quinn, Julia Quinn used modern language and I thought the book was so funny I didn't care; Celeste Bradley used modern language and it really irritated me. Funny is very subjective.

Since this is the first in the series, I will probably read the next ones, I'm just hoping they are better or I might just take Celeste Bradley off of my auto-buy list.

Very disappointing read.

First in Runaway Brides series
Time period: Regency, I think
Place: England
Sensuality Rating: Very Hot, I was surprised this came from Ms. Bradley
Rating:

No comments: