Wednesday

The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros

Love those men in kilts!
http://www.teresamedeiros.com/

The Devil Wears Plaid has one of the best entrances by a hero I've read in a long time! Nothing better than a guy in a kilt crashing open the door of a church and charging his horse down the isle, grabbing the girl, throwing her over his saddle and riding away. I had a smile on my face from that moment on... what a guy!

I loved this book. It was a fast-paced, light, humorous read. I finished it in a day... full of adventure and great romance. Oh sure, it was full of och, bruidy, wee, auld, hinae, ken...etc., but this time I didn't find that irritating. In fact, I found the Scottish slang throughout the book amusing and even, dare I say it, charming. The Devil Wears Plaid was a refreshing change from some of the heavy duty books that have passed my way lately.

Emma and her highlander hero Jamie are a wonderful couple. And yes! We've seen this type of couple before. There was nothing new to the plot, but this book still worked. We have all the standard romance elements - the drunkard father, the sacrificial heroine, the idiot sisters, the Scottish hero - but it seemed fresh and new in Medeiros' hand. There was some strong chemistry between the main characters, a lot of great banter and funny dialogue being exchanged. There was a point when Jamie became stubborn, but mostly he was a wonderful hero. And, there was a twist at the end that I didn't see coming, which always impresses me. There was nothing new in the plot line of this book, but somehow it was a refreshing bit of artistry.

This book is a light, relaxing tale, but filled with some strong romantic moments and I think you'll probably love it as much as I did if you read it. This is Teresa Medeiros at her best!

Time/Place: Scotland/England Regency
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Hot!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Quick and fun read. Jaime is a great hero and Emma is a wonderful heroine.