Wednesday

Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands

All your questions are answered!
http://www.lynsaysands.net/

Think back... It's been over a year since that cliffhanger ending from The Renegade Hunter that sent me into a tizzy. Born to Bite answers all the questions that were left last year, and I will admit I did forget about everything, just like I knew I would! (Note to authors: I have a short memory, don't do cliffhangers!)

The 13th in the Argeneau vampire series continues with Armand's story. Poor Armand, just doesn't have any luck keeping a wife. He's had three - and they all met their ends in mysterious accidents. He believes they are accidents, but just in case, he has isolated himself from his family to keep them safe. This didn't make too much sense to me when I read it - if the deaths were accidents why would you be concerned about the lives of those around you? Actually I found Armand to be a tad bit boring.

The heroine, Esme, is some kind of immortal enforcer, who has been sent to Armand's farm to investigate those deaths and also find the person who framed Nicholas (from Renegade Hunter). Of course, Armand and Esme are life-mates. What this means is that there is hot sex in the book, but we don't get to watch people fall in love. Although, it did take some time for them to admit that they loved each other; evidently life-mates and love don't necessarily go together in Vampireland, but I might be confused on that point.

This is a fast read, with some amusing scenes. I thought the romance part of the book was a little underdeveloped and I knew right away who the killer was, so the mystery was a also little weak for me. This wasn't one of the best in the Argeneau series, but it wasn't one of the worst - it was just average. And, don't worry, there are plenty of other characters in this book that will all probably have their own tale... this series could go on for a l-o-n-g time.

Time/Place: Current time, Canada
Rating:
Sensuality rating: Hot!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

HI! I haven't blog hopped in forever so I'll be commenting a lot. Just fyi. lol

I was PISSED about the last cliffhanger. I even email Sands to find out what was up. Apparently her idea was to have the books come out a month apart but the publisher had other thoughts. Bastards. lol

Anyway, I liked this one. It was nice to have 2 vamps and we didn't have to go through the whole explanation again. I felt bad for Armand but that scene with his daughter was very touching.

SidneyKay said...

Tracy, I wrote to her also...I hated the ending of that book...thanks for dropping in.