Thursday

A Lady of Persuasion by Tessa Dare

http://tessadare.com/
Just in time for Halloween: The Heroine with no Brain!!

A Lady of Persuasion
is the final book in Tessa Dare's debut trilogy, and I have to say I didn't like it as much as the other two. I really liked Toby in the other books and I was looking forward to his happy ending. But gee-willikers Bullwinkle, I really found Isabel to be one of the most irritating characters I've read in a long time.

Isabel really, really got on all of my nerves, she was this strangely naive reforming zealot. She wouldn't eat ices because they were made from sugar on plantations that had slaves, but she didn't seem to have a problem wearing clothes made from cotton imported from plantation that had slaves. She expected Toby to go along her on her journey through England righting wrongs, regardless of his thoughts or even his wants. Now, granted, Toby was a beta hero, but why did he but up with it? I kept asking myself, what does he see in her? Liked Toby, wanted to shoot Isabel.

There is also a secondary romance between Josh and Hetta, but not enough coverage of it in this book for me, so, the author might as well as left it out. Maybe, she should have included it in a novella.

And, I really think that this book isn't necessarily a stand alone book. To understand what's going with the other characters, you really need to have read the first two books.

So, in the end, I think that Tessa Dare is an author to keep an eye on, however her third book is the weakest in the trilogy.

Time/Place: Regency England
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Hot

No comments: