Tuesday

To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker

http://www.oliviaparker.net/index.html
I was looking forward to the second novel by Olivia Parker, To Wed a Wicked Earl, but I have to say it was a struggle to get through this. I just keep slogging through hoping for a good story, I finally gave up around page 300. The story started out great, then it jumped to a year later, then it jumped to a month later, then jumped again and again and again; you get the picture. We never get to see the romance develop between the two main characters. And supposedly the hero Adam has loved Charlotte for years, however, that doesn't stop him from indulging his baser instincts with other women.

The book is almost 400 pages, so one would think there would be plenty of time for some kind of relationship to grow. There was no connection, and I never ever knew why Adam love Charlotte. And way way too much flitting from one scene to another. I really wanted to like this book, but I didn't, hope her next one is better, if not she's off my list.

Time Period: Regency England
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Warm

No comments: