Wednesday

Fare Thee Well 2009

I was able to read 71 new books this year or at least that is how many I recorded. I have over 50 at home that are collecting dust as we speak, regardless, I thought I'd take this moment to reflect on 2009. Or regurgitate 2009, which ever the case may be. Do the name Jennifer Haymore's A Hint of Wicked strike a familiar note? I think that one may get my worst book of 2009 award. (And, yes that sentence is supposed to start with DO.)

It's been an interesting year, a year of old authors disappointing and finding some new authors who don't disappoint. So, here is my list of the ones I've awarded the coveted Kay's A . Drum roll please!

The list, in no particular order:

Bettina Krahn, Make me Yours
Julia Quinn, What Happens in London
Meredith Duran, Bound by Your Touch
Elizabeth Boyle, Confessions of a Black Dress
Jacquie D"Alessandro, Tempted at Midnight
Suzanne Enoch, Always a Scoundrel
Julie Garwood, Honor's Splendor (reread 1987)
Eloisa James, This Duchess of Mine
Deborah Simmons, Tempting Kate (reread 1997)
Deborah Simmons, The Last Rogue (reread 1998)
Sally MacKenzie, The Naked Baron
Jennifer Ashley, The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie
Emma Wildes, The Indecent Proposition
Elizabeth Rolls, Lord Braybrook's Penniless Bride
Mary Balogh, First Comes Marriage
Connie Brockway, So Enchanting
Liz Caryle, A Woman of Virtue (reread 2001)
Carolyn Jewel, Scandal
Candice Proctor, Beyond Sunrise (reread 2003)
Candice Proctor, Whispers of Heaven (reread 2001)
Candice Proctor, Night in Eden (reread 1997)
Candice Proctor, September Moon (reread 1999)

2 comments:

Sarai said...

I did not know your list was coveted! I am envious! :)

Melissa said...

Now I have to check which ones I've read and read all the ones that are missing off my list.