Monday

Pondering

While waiting for new books to come in, I am rereading, rereading, rereading. I'm not reviewing my rereads because I've already reviewed my rereads during the last "wait for new books." Anyway, I came across a passage which has the heroine dressing up in boys clothing in order to break into a house. I tried to envision myself wearing an 11 year old boys jeans/trousers/pants. It wasn't pretty. I would not be able to pull them up over my knees, let alone my hips. Even 20 years ago, when I was in my best shape, it would not have happened.  Even when I was 21, and in my skinny stage, it would not have been possible. Maybe historical clothing had more give to it...Yes! I bet that's it!!! There must have been more give to cloth in the 1800s. Now my mind can be at rest.

That's all my pondering...for now.

2 comments:

Usha said...

Hi Kay; Are all your review posted on Goodreads? Your reviews are so fantastic that they be a great hit. More people need to see your excellent and exceptional reviews. I thought..... since you have time between re-reading...😊 that's my rant, actually a suggestion or a recommendation.

SidneyKay said...

Usha - I do post to Goodreads, but usually I'm a few months behind...not a surprise there. Thanks for the kind words