Monday

Memories Schmemories...

I have decided to start a new project. And here is why. Needless to say, I have been a tad bit disappointed in the last few months by the quality of the writing that has been published. So, I thought I'd read one of my old books to do a cleanse my brain. Well, while I was looking at my database, and yes I am a list person, I got this simply brilliant idea. First of all, in my database I have, out of around 3000 books, only 159 which I gave the coveted A! Now, granted, I only started rating them in the year 2000, so the number is a little off. Soooo, of course, I made another list. This list is all of the ones I rated with an A, plus books that I have fond memories of or remember being really good. Now, of course, we are all aware that memories are sometimes not very reliable, but I'm going to give it a go.

Sooo, I'm calling my project Memories Schmemories and at least twice a month, in between new books I will be reading some older books. And some of those books will even be in first person (I wasn't always as picky as I am now.)

I'm starting with the first book I read that started me down the road to Romanceland. This is not one of those books that you were force to read in high school or sneaked home (Peyton Place), but one that caught my eye when I was perusing the library shelves one day in the 1970's. This should be interesting...memory don't let me down.

Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer, first published in 1935.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Sarai said...

You know, if you find the first person is not so horrible, you should read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. :P

SidneyKay said...

You know, I really really hate first person.

KT Grant said...

Wanted to stop by and said I just found out about your blog and love your reviews. They made me both smile and laugh.

And yes, there is a great deal of crap being published. This month alone I have 8 books I couldn't finish.

Smokinhotbooks said...

I found your blog via Katiebabs :)

Uh I so know what you mean. My older books have been getting a lot of action lately.

I will be looking forward to your Schmemories.

Sayuri said...

I am in the middle of a re-read myself and just decided I am going to allow myself the luxury of more. That's so freaky!

I've never read any Heyer. I keep meaning to. Must get on that.

Sophia (FV) said...

Katiebabs says check out Kay's blog! So....here I am. Nice reviews! xoxo