Monday

Big Duke Energy by Kerrigan Byrne, Christi Caldwell, Amalie Howard, Janna MacGregor, Stacy Reid

April 11, 2022
Fingers, and whips, and ropes…oh my.

 
So, if you’re looking for page after page of moisture, finger-shenanigans, huge Timothy Toads, then Big Duke Energy is for you. There are a lot of exploding giant logs being inserted into tight-fitting woman caves. There were five authors who contributed to this book: The Earl on the Train, by Kerrigan Byrne, Love and Found, by Christi Caldwell, The Wolf of Westmore, by Amalie Howard, Put up Your Dukes, by Janna MacGregor, and Duke of Every Sin, by Stacy Reid. For me, there were two stand outs: Duke of Every Sin, by Stacy Reid, and Loved and Found, by Christi Caldwell. Those two stories had more than just a romp in the hay. Unlike the other short stories in this book, these two stories had a plot, and not just another reason for writing about raunchy sex. A gripe, aka pet-peeve: not fond of the use of the word c**ny; I have always found it demeaning, and not something I want whispered in my ear.

I’ll make this short and sweet. I found Stacy Reid’s story to be the best in the book, followed by Christi Caldwell. The rest, I didn’t care for. They were filled with boring sex, and no narrative. I’m sorry, but alllllllll the variations and different positions in the world don’t make up for a good story-line. 
 
I would take a chance on a full length novel by Stacy Reid and Christi Caldwell.

Time/Place: Variety of places and times
Sensuality: Depends on your definition of Sensuality, and whether you like red-marks on your bottom

The Earl on the Train: D
Love and Found: B
The Wolf of Westmore: D
Put up Your Dukes: D
Duke of Every Sin: B+

No comments: