Wednesday

The Joys of Nooking!

December 20, 2012
Sometimes good things come in small packages

I'm starting to really enjoy some of the perks owning a Nook has brought to me.  Oh sure, there's the battery charging moments, the glare of the screen, the sometimes weird sentence endings, and what's with the page numbering?  But, then I can buy a book for 79 cents and download it without moving from my chair, so I should really turn into a couch potato.  Anyway, I just recently purchased Lady Amelia's Secret Lover by Victoria Alexander, published electronically only in 2009 and Tessa Dare's novella Once Upon a Winter's Eve.  Both are small, fast-read ebooks.

http://www.victoriaalexander.com/
I was very excited when I realized that I could order Lady Amelia's Secret Lover now.  I was very disappointed when it first came out and it was never released in print form.  Anyway, Lady Amelia is a delightful marriage romp of only 97 pages.  A very merry short story, and I loved every minute of it.  There are no villains, no drama, no kidnappings, no chase through the countryside.  It's just sweet funny romance about a married couple who are "content" and how they find that happiness they somehow lost.  This is not a deep book, but it's very nice.

Time/Place:  Regency England
Sensuality Rating: Kiss




http://tessadare.com/
Then we have Tessa Dare's Once Upon a Winter's Eve, part of the Spindle Cove series and was written after A Night to Surrender in case you're keeping track.

This story feels more like a short story, which is too bad because the characters are likeable, but they are just not given enough space to develop.  I was a little disappointed in the story, and didn't understand some of the actions of the hero.  There was just too much going on and this particular story deserved a larger format.  But, hey for 79 cents, what the heck.

Time/Place: Regency England
Sensuality Rating:  Warm



And guess what, with my Nook I can now read Courtney Milan's Unraveled!!!  All I can say so far is:  Smite, what a guy!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'll have to look into getting the Victoria Alexander.

I LOVED the Tessa Dare story! Sorry it didn't work for you. :)

SidneyKay said...

Tracy: I normally like Ms. Dare. I just thought this particular one needed a larger format. I liked the characters a lot.:)