Tuesday

Ravishing in Red by Madeline Hunter

http://www.madelinehunter.com/
I bought this in February, read the first few pages then put it back in my TBR pile. So, then March came along and I bought Provocative in Pearls and put that in my TBR pile and stared at Ravishing in Red.

Girding my loins, I started reading Red, after the first 60 pages I became immersed in the story. The further along I read the more I didn't want this book to end. And, there is some really amazing writing in this book, I was especially interested in the way everything fell together so naturally. I'd be interested to know how Ms. Hunter plotted her story.

I loved the heroine Audrianna, she's a very naive woman without being silly. She's also a very honest woman and one of the great things about this book is that she and the hero Sebastian talk to each other. And, when I finished this story there was no doubt in my mind that these two were going to have a long relationship. Sebastian is a very complex hero, and the scenes between he and his brother Morgan are wonderful. (Note to Ms. Hunter - please give Morgan a story.) The secondary characters are well-written, and, I suspect that all of the hero and heroines from the series have been introduced. Ms. Hunter has sucked me into wanting to read the entire series. Even though the mystery plot is a minor backdrop to the characters, there were some things I didn't see coming.

Spoiler of sorts: Watch for a most amusing scene when Audrienna promises to be faithful to Sebastian.

So, this book is well-worth reading. I am looking forward to the rest in the Rarest Blooms series: Sinful in Satin, fall of 2010 and Dangerous in Diamonds, spring of 2011.

Time/Place: Regency England
Rating:
Sensualigy Rating: Hot

No comments: