Tuesday

The Worst Duke in the World by Lisa Berne

January 19, 2021
Well, I hope this year gets better. 
 
My second DNF of 2021. What can I say, other than I just could not get into this book. The only characters that grabbed me were the young boy, Wakefield and a pig named Duchess. Even though I found Wakefield to be the star of the show, he had a saying he kept repeating. At first it was clever, but when I found myself saying it before he did.  I became irritated. I found the sister, Margaret, to be horribly mean. Anthony and Jane were just plain bland, and had no chemistry. Anthony was also a hot and cold kind of guy who could just not make up his mind. Besides that, he used the heroines innocence against her. He'd kiss her, then back away from her. He was not my kind of hero. I also found the writing to be rather stilted. I tried to keep reading, but wasn't able to become interested in the book. Eventually, I found myself skipping around looking for something to grab me. Alas, I finally gave up. Disappointed - again.
 
Time/Place: Regency England
Sensuality: Not anywhere I could find. 


No comments: