Monday

Duke I'd Like to F... by Sierra Simone, Joanna Shupe, Eva Leigh, Nicola Davidson, Adriana Herrera

November 16, 2020
I need a cleansing bath

You know how sometimes you don't listen to your gut? You think, oh look at that title, it’s kind of
funny, and maybe it's not as hard-core as I think. Maybe it will be cute and cuddly. Well some of us need to listen to our guts, and remember alllll of our hot buttons. I thought I was safe, after-all I was familiar with the writings of Eva Leigh, and Joanna Shupe. Sorry to say, I had a hard time with this collection of short stories. These stories were filled with tons of my hot-buttons. But the topper was the “almost” pedophile moments between an 18-year old girl and 41-year old man. I guess that’s why the heroine was 18. We wouldn’t want to be accused of any illegal, child-abuse moments, would we? I could not finish any but one of the stories in Duke I'd Like to F.... The only story in the book I liked was The Duke Makes Me Feel...by Adriana Herrera. At least in her story there was some character building, a storyline, and the sex scenes contributed to the narrative. All Ms. Herrera’s story really needed was a good copy editor. But the rest of the stories in this collection were not my cup-o-tea. I'm sure there is an audience for this type of book, and that's fine. But for the most, part it was an overload of mind-numbing sex-capades, characters I didn’t like, and disturbing moments. Adriana Herrera’s story was the only one I was able to finish, sorry to say, the rest were DNFs.
 

 

No comments: