Monday

A Belated Good-bye

It came has quite a shock to me this weekend when I discovered we had lost one of Romanceland's pioneer. Johanna Lindsey passed away October 27, 2019, and her family released a statement December 23, 2019.

Johanna Lindsey opened our eyes. At the time, it was a whole new way of sensual writing. We owe a lot to her. I remember my first Lindsey novel, "The Captive Bride" (1977) with fondness. I also remember some of her eye-catching covers, peaking with Tender is the Night, often lovingly referred to as, Tender is the Loin. It still puts a smile on my face. Yes, we've come a long way, but without Ms. Lindsey, Romanceland would not be as it is today. She was a major influence on numerous authors, and she is one of the authors responsible for some of us loving this genre as much as we do.
Goodbye Johanna, we will miss you.

No comments: