Monday

When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer

Too many Harry's!!!
http://kierankramerbooks.com/

I could have had a really big problem with this book, first of all the title, When Harry Met Molly, Yipes!!!! When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movies, so I knew from the start that I'd be comparing the two. Secondly, I just finished the whole Harry Potter series right in the middle of starting this story...I had Harry's coming out of the whazoo and when I'd read this book, I'd have to adjust my mind from a sixteen year old wizard to a manly man. On the previous book, I had a problem, but with this book I was able to make the adjustment. And, I'm glad I did. And, I'm also glad to say that I think we have another winning author.

There were a lot of concepts in this book that called for ye' ol' stretch of the imagination, but this was a feel good book from the beginning to the very end. And even with all the silliness, there are moments that we can see into the characters of the hero, Harry and the heroine, Molly.

These two people have known each other from childhood and irritated each other for the same amount of time. One of these irritating episodes brings about a life changing aftermath for both of them. So, they both carry grudges, insult each other, bicker, constantly get on each others nerves...a set up for a perfect romance.

I thought this book was interesting on a number of different levels. First of all, of course, it is a funny, silly, farcical read and you should smile a lot throughout. But, what I found interesting was the almost hidden darkness of the characters, especially the men and their casual attitude toward women. I'm hoping the author intends to explore this in some of her future books, especially the secondary characters Lumley and Maxwell.

However, in the end, this is a good romance about two antagonist, who also turn out to be best friends. And, it was nice to read a fun debut book. Looking forward to more from Ms. Kramer.

Time/Place: Regency England
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Hot

No comments: