Thursday

Seducing the Highlander by Emma Wildes

http://www.emmawildes.com/whatsnext.shtml

I know, I know, I've said before that I wasn't going to buy anymore anthologies/novellas, but when I placed my order I didn't realize that it was one. I ordered Seducing the Highlander because I've enjoyed the last couple of books Emma Wildes wrote, and really didn't check into anything beforehand. Beware, consumers. Then when I found out it was an anthology, I wasn't too concerned because Ms. Wildes usually has more than one storyline going on and they're usually pretty good.

Having said that, let me say this: each one of these stories is loaded with sex, sex, sex. In fact there is so much sex that the story lines suffer. There's Seducing Ian, Seducing Robbie (Ian's brother) and Seducing Adain (betrothed to Robbie's wife). I preferred the plot development in Seducing Robbie, although, I liked the Adain's character best and I was disappointed his story was so short.

Each of these stories seemed to have the same plot threading through them - the villains were eliminated quickly and the sex in all three went through the same routine (must have been a copy paste thing.)

This is one of those over-sized trade paperbacks, so the price is around $14.00 depending on where you get it. This is a fast read, nothing exciting, no emotion and lots of copy - paste sex. Probably a check-it-out-of-the-library item and take-it-to-the-beach book.

Time/Place: 1700 Scotland
Rating:
Sensuality Rating: Copy - Paste Scorching

No comments: